Continuing to provide the best in pharmaceutical care is what you can expect from Summit Pharmacy during the present COVID-19 pandemic.
As always, your care, your patients’ care, your clients’ care remain our utmost concern.
To Our Valued Patients and Partners:
During this pandemic it is extremely important that you — our patients, providers and attorneys — continue to heed the strong advice of our government and those organizations (CDC, WHO, state and local authorities) who are guiding us through these unprecedented times. Always keep informed about the trends locally regarding COVID-19.
Know the signs and symptoms of infection with this virus. You may develop symptoms 2-14 days after exposure. Symptoms include: fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
Stay at home even if you develop symptoms. Call your physician first instead of heading into their medical office. Should you develop emergency warning signs of COVID-19, get medical attention immediately. These signs include: difficulty breathing, persistent chest pain/tightness, confusion, difficulty to arouse, bluish lips or face.
Ways to prevent the spread of this illness is to avoid being exposed: practice social distancing, avoid crowds, and do not touch potentially infected areas. Wash your hands often; if you cannot use soap, use a hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. If you are sick, stay at home (you may wear a mask if you must go out). Clean and disinfect all touched surfaces daily.
While many “non-essential” businesses will be closed, Summit Pharmacy will continue to serve your pharmaceutical needs. Not only will we continue to abide by the stringent standard operating procedures that have been in place at our pharmacy for years, we have also implemented new “COVID-19 Procedures” to ensure safe, timely delivery of your medically necessary, provider-ordered medical care.
These measures include:
- Increasing the frequency and detail of our cleaning throughout the day with chemicals recommended by the EPA or CDC as having proven efficacy against COVID-19.
- Employees being instructed to practice social distancing outside of work as well as in the pharmacy.
- Employees in the pharmacy handling your medications are wearing appropriate safety equipment, including gloves, as well as reinforcing our always strict hygiene standards.
- Measures to ensure that any potentially sick employees will stay home, and if testing positive for COVID-19 they will be quarantined away from the pharmacy for 2+ weeks.
- Attempting to secure the necessary inventory of needed medications in advance if possible, to ensure minimal interruption to our patients’ prescription fills.
We want to ensure the continued safe delivery of your care that you have come to expect and receive from Summit Pharmacy.
It will remain our top priority to address patient needs. We will continue to communicate and provide updates to help you navigate through this time and know that by working together our resilient nation will get through this.
Please feel free to reach out to us at 877-678-5400 with any questions or concerns. You can also email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joel Morton, DO
Medical Director, Summit Pharmacy